Opening in May 2017 in the heart of Chester, Storyhouse is Chester’s £37 million new theatre, cinema and library.
Storyhouse presents 5 major new shows a year, along with a huge range of other staged events, and things to see and do.
It is a place for exploration and discovery; where new talent is nurtured and community creativity is encouraged.
Storyhouse is set to transform Chester’s cultural landscape. This is your house. What will you do with it.
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Ramp access at ground floor levels
- The café and bar areas are also fully accessible
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre, studio and cinema
- Low-level counter at the café
- Portable induction loop
- Large format print available on request
- Assistance Dogs welcome
Accessible parking and drop-off points
- The nearest car park is Market which has 8 disabled spaces – 200 metres from nearest exit
- There is free on street parking/car park for blue badge holders on Hamilton Place and Goss Street (4 hours max) – c.300 metres away
- The best place for drop-offs is Northgate Street – 20 metres away